|African grey parrot pet (Psittacus erithacus) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
This will be a guide if you want to know what species you would prefer. Here are the descriptions of selected parrots perfect for sale:
1. LOVEBIRDS - very adorable little small breed from Africa, lovebirds can be tamed like common parrots except for the aggressiveness towards opposite sex, the male rubs the perch as a distinct sexual behavior, which is quite disturbing to some owners. They have to be housed in different cages. Generally, lovebirds are excellent in parenting their siblings and very good inbreeding.
2. AFRICAN GREYS - More than vanity, this parrot species is the best sound imitator from among the species. It doesn't mean this parrot has to be on high sale just because of the talking qualities. Owners getting disappointed with non-talking African Grey species often tend to neglect their pets afterward.
3. COCKATIELS - Lovely because of the distinctly pointed crown, this species can learn tricks easily, very affectionate, and can live a lifespan of 15 to 20 years given the proper care. The coating on its feather can cause allergies. Cockatiels have this distinct behavior when left in dark, which can cause self-injury.
4. SENEGAL PARROTS - Medium-sized species good for apartments because of its more quiet behavior. Much adept at imitating sounds of surroundings than the distinct speech of people. It is not recommended for outdoor and spacious free walks as it can fly farther and get lost.
5. PARROTLETS - Comes in tiny sizes, these species have no problem with dark places, considered brave. The voice is quite small, best if you only tolerate chirping when bred in a small flat or room. Prone to accidents, they must be looked after all the time when out of the cage.
6. CANARIES - Specifically attributed to Canary Island, after Romans named it. The Canaries have three types. Song Canaries are known for the distinctive voice and singing. Color Canaries have attractive and bright colors, making the collecting of several varieties popular to breeders. The Canaries are territorial and not so sociable. From among the parrots, this species has the sweetest voice.
The sale of parrots worldwide happens silently. It comes with interest and passion, but believe it or not, thinking about the small world you can give to these lovely birds is a journey. Living with parrots is worth a quality life.